Qui Vive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Guild Qui Vive on Saurfang (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterDKPLog in

Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?

Go down 
+2
Orthar
Roshen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Since guild growing with size its time to point main goals and explain a bit rotation system.
1. First of all our main goal is 25-men progression at the moment. Priority for us every week starts with :
1) Naxxramas full clear
2) OS without or with +1 drake.
3) Malygos.
4) VoA Archavon could be choosen once we control WG and also in any raiding day while we are close to less than 1 hour raiding finishing time. We also going to give it a try to Emalon very soon, our dps check for Ulduar first few bosses.

We are not considering 10-men as our raiding days anymore. However ill try make a list of people who got rotated for 25-men so this way ill start every week 2nd group for OS/Malygos/VoA. Days should be monday/tuesday or weekends - daytime depends really on my scheldue and your (people who got rotated) scheldue as well. I am not going lead group for Naxx 10 anymore according few things which i better explain for future avoiding missunderstanding :
1) This week (20-27 May) ill join Xarthan group for dedicated few (8-men Naxx run), well start working towards Undying and all 10-men Naxx achievements done. I might selfish achievement @!$* but i really find this important goal for my own game pleasure however...with great help from Excoundrel who was raid leader in past (cheers m8 ) we might have 1 group going every week to Naxxramas, its open for everyone but mind need healers/tanks and some balance from ranged/melees so please dont be sad if you not got in it :
a) mind its hard to please all for Excoundrel;
b) you still able to pug it, Naxx is a joke, more like Karazhan back to 70;
c) 10-men Naxx not something we can benefit from while i am working on getting 2nd group to Ulduar and slowly brinding guild to Ulduar 25-men.
2) Ill try gather OS/Maly/VoA each week for people who might missed 25-men according for some rotations, absent.
3) I will start working on 2nd group for Ulduar that might happens in 2 weeks (starting from 10 June).

What is rotation and how its actually work?
There is scheldue which getting created by me or xarthan every week. At the moment i am responsoble for 25-men raiding scheldue and Xarthan for 10-men Ulduar progressive group. People simply open calendar and sign for days they can attend, our normal raiding days are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday 20:30-23:30. The rest days are just additional and can be used for some 10-men etc which is off from guild raid plan. Ill or Xarthan depends on who will create 25-men mainly me atm, will "confirm" or "standby" people. "Confirm" means - you 90% IN however some changes can take a part if raid leader would be feeling like, but its very rare to be upset for getting your evening free for nothing dont worry. "Standby" means you accepted on NRT (Nihilium Raid Tracker) the addon which allow you receive dkp while standing online on substitude and be ready replace some people who might need to go urgent due to real life stuff or simple got dc's. The NRT system explained by Leadriel in DKP forum thread, what is needed for people who on standby is simple whisper Leadriel or anyone (Roshen, Xarthan) who running that addon after every boss kill (youll see guild spam for that; people who in raid even if you on standby according to calendar shouldnt whisper) for reciving dkp points you can spent on items later. Standby mostly comes from the position of raid class composition and people performance/gear, however mind that guild is still interested in you getting gear and appresiate if you can sign and be always able to replace someone even if you have very bad gear or just accepted to the guild. What you actually can do is read on some boss tactics at www.bosskillers.com to be ready for some action and download ventrilo v 3.0.5 and set it using information from guild info.

Hopefully ive described everything correct and i dont want you have feeling that you spend your time in the guild for nothing, pation and own character development in not raiding time your own goal. I am free and always open for whispers and suggestions. And remember you can pug 10-men, i know its might sound wierd however me and Xarthan will try bring guild to Ulduar 25-men and start 2nd 10-men Ulduar group sooner than just waste time on getting members gear of Naxx that semi better than heroics and valor badges ones. And remember we officers not charge money for guild runing (sadly or not dunno), forget about stuff "Hey its democracity here i pay same ammount of euro per month for wow playing", we make a bit more than just ordinary members believe me, however without you we cant achieve what we aiming for. So guild for people, officers for guild more or less.
Back to top Go down
Orthar

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:18 am

Very nice message Roshen, I understand what you mean. And I appreciate the time and effort you and the other officers put in leading the guild. Still, you should not use the argument: 'I don't get paid for it', because the game shouldn't be a second job, rather a hobby (I had fun leading raids too, you should try to do that as well Wink ).
However, for some of us, Naxx-10 is still a major upgrade for their off-spec gear and for some even their mainspec gear. Furthermore, I do think that rotation for the Ulduar-10 group hasn't been optimal. The group remained nearly exactly the same for all the raiding days whilst there were more people geared for it than only them. It doesn't really bother me, but others were.

P.S. I think we should give a try on OS+2D this week, since we then could figure out how much dps we're missing for OS+3D. We could at least try once. Smile

P.S.2. Dont over quote much Orthar Wink
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Hey Orthar, exactly offspec gear is something you can work on yourself while guild support you with main spec one in 25-men. My message was addressed only for Naxx-10, i am not really tired of it or smth or neither aiming to get all achievements done, its just that i better have group 2 coming Ulduar where items are on level of 25-men instances. As you know we have some separated responsobilities over me and Xarthan, Xarthan got this week Ulduar group to 10/14 and belive me its optimal setup. For some fights like Hodir we have prepeared tank who spent ~2k gold to sort gear. However soon or later (probably 2 weeks) we will have people exactly understand what is Ulduar and everyone able to read on tactics a bit and watch some movie, so there 2nd group comes along with 25-men. With great help of Excoundrel we got 2nd group some progress this week as well. I could take on my own next week VoA 2/2, Malygos and OS group. So somehow we still gear up people even t8 gear consider Emalon kill.
Back to top Go down
Saurfang

Saurfang

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:32 am

Yesterday we killed OS and Malygos, excoundrel group
Malygos was kinda hard, some ppl were flying around with drakes the wrong way :p Was really funny to see !
Anyway we made it after testament got the DK macro Smile

Oh btw prepared tank with 2 k gold spent on gear... If we gonna start that way there is no end in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:51 am

Nah not really Ivan, my point was that people came actually prepeared with effort and time spent on sorting some encounters needs. So from mine point its really was optimal, also i do really like Xarthan running Ulduar group and how he doing it, more or less its his achiev on bringing Ulduar group at 10/14. Also main reason to bring classes to avoid disenchant abuse, i got shoulders for offspec for example only cause Leadriel missed raid.

P.S. Wasnt ment say or point that 2k gold is something way too much which make difference. I know invites problems will always be and sometimes will lead to people leaving guild. Also by myself ill try to stay 3-4 days per week near my pc for future once guild will be fully sorted and being able to live its own life. Not much time left for that btw, i am totally happy with my creation called "Qui Vive", ofc there are will be always small circle of people 2-5 people due to interests and own difference and unique, however thats i cant really change Wink
Back to top Go down
Carbo

Carbo

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:35 am

Orthar wrote:
I do think that rotation for the Ulduar-10 group hasn't been optimal. The group remained nearly exactly the same for all the raiding days whilst there were more people geared for it than only them. It doesn't really bother me, but others were.

Well I have to say that we have done the right thing by sticking close with a core group for Ulduar 10 progression. Most people in the guild are not geared for Ulduar 10 and I don't want to sound horrible but there are a lot of new people to the game in the guild and Ulduar is no walk through where people can be carried like naxx 25. It requires coordination and everyone playing their class well. Sticking with a core group is really good for downing new bosses in the 10 man content and well if people were unhappy about not going to Ulduar 10, there is nothing preventing them from creating a second group which I would put money on flame going down in 1 or 2 shots if you downed malygos. Another reason why people might not get chosen is because of class balance and buffs. E.g Lith was willing to get frost res gear enchanted, gemmed and crafted just for Hodir which must have cost quite a lot of gold and this was in such short notice whereas other tanks may have taken a while.

Sorry for my rant but too much rotation would be confusing in my opinion especially in explaining all boss fights although Xarth is planning on switching a few people in for the first few bosses in Ulduar 10 next week.

Also Blizzard tried to introduce, "bring the player, not the class," which they totally failed on in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:22 am

plus, if you rotate to much, there wont be enough people for a 2nd group. but yea agree with carbo in part, for now teh group thats got to 10/14 is going good, i hope a similar group this week to get 13/14, and there are 2 reasons for this. The first being, obviously, so we can gear some people up for ulduar 25. the 2nd being that, if we have 10 or so people who know that fight inside out, then you can split them into 2 groups of 5, and add 5 "new to ulduar" players to each, thus creating your rotation, and imo being the best way to teach these fights to the new people.

As for being left out of "core raids" it is annoying, i totally see where people would be coming from if they are having issues with it. Hell, its one of the main reasons i transfered to this server in the first place, but you all have to understand: there is a limit to the number of spots. even with a 2nd group for 10 man its highly likely 10+ people will be left out. no matter what the group size, or how many you have, someone will always miss out, this week it might be you, next week it might be me. point is annoying as it is, it happens to us all at some point.
Back to top Go down
Xarthan

Xarthan

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:10 am

Wot Carbo and Lith said i agree with.

This week we had few new ppl to Ulduar, last nite we killed Flame-Razor-XT200-Kologarn, wasnt an ideal setup, but it worked and bosses went down.

Ive put up 2 more Ulduar runs on monday and tuesday, these runs will be more focused towards hte later bosses which we've only killed once,
so most likely same ppl as last week will get invited to get em down again, and thus leaving us with some more time hopefully on the last 4 bosses.

As Roshen said, with in a few weeks a 2nd Ulduar group will be formed and more ppl will get into Ulduar clearing bosses, from that point, it wont be long till ppl know most of the fights good enough to give em a few shots in the 25 man version.

But, b4 we are fully able to start Ulduar 25 man, i want us to clear Naxx 25 in 1!!! evening, 3 hours is more then enough to make it happen, ppl just have to be online intime, and be outside the raid instance and cut the afk's and small smoke/piss/wank breaks inbetween!

Sorthing stuff like that out gives us more time each week on getting closer to clear the instance in 1 night.

Further there is just 1 more thing i wanna say here....

If you dont bring ur own foods to the raid, and some1 puts down a Greater Feast in the raid, EAT FROM IT! the more ppl who are buffed, the faster we kill bosses and clear the instance!

Gr, X cheers
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

After some speaking with Xarthan we decided to add actually progressing through Ulduar as our future priority.
Whats thats means? Thats means we are changing a bit structure of raiding instances.
We raid 4 days per week : Wed, Thur, Sun, Mon 20:30-23:30. Our clearing plan as always : aiming for Naxx clear within 1 raiding evening, if would be 25 peoeple avilable and people will bring of food and flasks, its totally doable however leaving its just for you guys. As for me in Naxx 25 i do ask at least you be online, and get enchants on gear, pve spec and food buff which actually i present in raid by myself if you are not using your own food. And Ulduar 25 would be the rest days. So yes, we do drop Malygos and OS for few weeks till we get some gear from both naxx and ulduar and get back for +2-3 drakes. So priority do changed in turn of :
1) Wed - Naxx (aiming to clear it all).
2) Thur - finishing Naxx (if not did already) and carry on VoA (if we control it).
3) Sun/Mon - progressing through Ulduar days.
As for Ulduar ill try remind one more time about what we do actually ask for :
1) Come in time for raid if you signed (receive your +5dkp)
2) Come prepeared have elixirs/own foods for at least 10-15wipes, yes we do need that.
3) Make sure you readed at last for first 5-6 bosses of Ulduar on www.bosskillers.com or any other site you like.
4) Follow raid leader instruction and dont make problem over some loot etc (Gj so far Kenichi insane help, cheers m8 and also we dont have actually precedents yet so lets keep it the same way)
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:53 am

what about tuesdays?
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 am

Not raiding at Tuesdays usually, its just that we were slacking this week Wink
Back to top Go down
Xarthan

Xarthan

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 am

As Rosh said, Tuesday isnt an official raid day...

However...

If enough ppl would be up for it, and i can get a balanced group of 25 ppl 2gether, i dont mind going into Ulduar on Tuesday and continue where we left on Monday...

However.... this is totally up to the ppl themselfs and we cant force ppl to come the Tuesdays aswell if they dont want to or cant.

Gr, Xarth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?   Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf? Empty

Back to top Go down

Didnt got invited to raid, huh wtf?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Qui Vive :: News-
Jump to: