Qui Vive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Guild Qui Vive on Saurfang (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterDKPLog in

Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP

Go down 
+3
Orthar
aiola
Leadriel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leadriel

Leadriel

Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:20 pm

How the system works:

DKP is a point’s based system which is used to decipher loot distribution in dungeon raids. The system is designed to reward players that put a lot of time into the guild and to also allow casual players the opportunity to bid on/win loot.

Points will be awarded for 3 things:

1 - Being online in time for invites, and being at the instance entrance at the pre designated start time (Raid start bonus). This awards 5 DKP points

2 - Being online until the end of the raid. The end time for the raid will be stated before the raid starts. (Raid end bonus). This awards 5 DKP points ** occasionally we may decide to continue raiding beyond the raid end time. You will not loose raid end bonus if you cannot stay past the designated end time.

3 - Killing raid bosses. Points will be awarded for killing a raid boss. The number of points awarded will be dependant upon the bosses’ loot table and the difficulty of the encounter.

For the time being we will operate a blanket DKP system. This means that if you are rotated out of a raid you will still receive the full amount of DKP earned by the raid (raid start, raid end and boss kill DKP) as long as you are online and available from raid start to raid end.

What we expect from you:

We operate a system that monitors the raid attendance of our members. Raid attendance is based on Raid start and raid end DKP. Players who are online but not in the raid due to rotation will still receive raid start and raid end DKP providing they stay online for the duration of the raid, and are ready to join if another player has to drop out.

We expect you to have a good knowledge of how your class operates in a raid situation, and a talent build that compliments those situations. We will be considering accommodating Hybrid specs (feral druid, ret/prot paladin) however it will be unlikely that we take more than 1 or 2 "Hybrids" in each run.

Finally, we will expect you to have read up on the tactics before hand. This will allow us to save time during raids as we don’t have to explain everything, as most fights sometimes need a long explanation and that will eat into boss attempts and raiding time. So please read up on tactics for all the bosses, even if we’re not going to attempt them yet.

Spending Points and loot:

When an epic item drops, it has a fixed value. All people who want the item will be told when to bid. The person in charge of the raid will then look up the dkp page and the member with the most points will be awarded that item and will have the spent DKP deducted from his/her total. People can go into negative DKP up to -100 points; however once they are in negative they will not be able to be bid for another item till their DKP is positive again, unless all bidders are in negative DKP. People CAN go under -100 however, if they are prepared to bid and no one else wants the item.

DKP Points are only counted from the end of the last raid. They do not run in real time as you progress through an instance.

If an item drops and the priority classes already have it, or don't want it, then other classes will be free to bid for the item.

(There will be one epic per BOSS two epics per RAID in force if an item drops and no one needs then you will be allowed to need on that item this hopefully will help all members get there fair share of loot and in the long run benefit the guild)

ANYONE FOUND BUYING ITEMS WITH DKP FOR THE PURPOSE OF SELLING THEM (I.E BOE SET ITEMS, PATTERNS) WILL BE KICKED FROM THE GUILD

Joining the raid:

The raid selection will ALWAYS be made from in-game calendar. Raids will be up on the calendar at least 2 days in advance. If you have not signed up for the raid you will not get a spot. If you have signed up for the raid and do not get a spot due to rotation, you will receive full DKP for the run as long as you remain online and ready to join if needed.

Priority will also be given to players who can stay for the full duration of the raid. If you are unable to stay for the full raid you must inform the officers or the raidleader.

Points awarded as follows:

Instance
Being on-line at the start of raid. *5 DKP*
Every hour they stay in the raid. *5 DKP*
For killing a "Progression Tagged" boss between. *10/20 DKP*
Staying to end of the raid.*5 DKP*

Items:

Non-tier set items = 140 DKP.
Tier set items = 180 DKP.
Cloaks = 80 DKP.
1 Handed weapons/Offhand (regardless of spellcaster/melee) = 150 DKP.
2 Handed Weapons (regardless of spellcaster/melee/hunter) = 150 DKP.
Trinkets/Rings/Neck = 90 DKP.
Class Specific items and Throwing = 80 DKP

THE DKP ABOVE IS FOR ONLY 25 MAN INSTANCES. FOR ALL INSTANCES 10 MAN THERE WILL BE A ROLL ONLY SYSTEM IN FORCE IF THE RAID LEADER/OFFICER INCHARGE OF THE RAID FEELS A MEMBER CAN BENEFIT MORE FROM THE ITEM THEY WILL RECIEVE IT EVEN THOUGH THAT PERSON MIGHT HAVE ROLLED LOWER ALL THIS OF COARSE WILL BE DONE IN COMPLETE FAIRNESS IT WILL ALSO HELP US IN OUR END GOAL TO CLEAR ALL 25 MAN CONTENT

Last edited by Leadriel on Sun May 17, 2009 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aiola

aiola

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:43 am

Sounds like a solid and fair system to me.

One question though, that will come up one day anyway, better to clear that out as i've experienced before it raises discussion: are DKP awarded to the character or to the person (u know, for peeps that have multiple raiding chars). Maybe not to the point atm but there will be a time when some have 2 or 3 seriously raiding chars in the guild...
Back to top Go down
Leadriel

Leadriel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:34 am

aiola wrote:
Sounds like a solid and fair system to me.

One question though, that will come up one day anyway, better to clear that out as i've experienced before it raises discussion: are DKP awarded to the character or to the person (u know, for peeps that have multiple raiding chars). Maybe not to the point atm but there will be a time when some have 2 or 3 seriously raiding chars in the guild...
DKP will be awarded for 1 character.
Back to top Go down
Orthar

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:48 am

Mainspec > offspec still counts, even when the other is on -DKP?
Back to top Go down
Xarthan

Xarthan

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Orthar wrote:
Mainspec > offspec still counts, even when the other is on -DKP?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:21 pm

so theres been some confusion today. do offspec items come for free? do they count as your "1 item per boss" and count towards your "2 items per raid"? what was this about whispering leadriel during a raid to get put on the list?
Back to top Go down
Garuna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Yes, as I was in the middle of all this I think I should post here as well asking the same question. An offspec item went to me since nobody needed it. Without me knowing it, it costed me my DKP's. On Malygos I rolled for my first main loot, won the roll, but didn't get it because apperently I lost my DKPs. If I had known this, I would rather have let that offspec item destroyed then taking it. But that seems like an awful waste to me. So I would like some clarification on how offspec items will be handled according to this system, so that I'm aware of it in the future.

So far I just found this in the information given above about this subject:

If an item drops and the priority classes already have it, or don't want it, then other classes will be free to bid for the item.

This obviously isn't satisfying or complete info.
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Probably some missunderstanding, but need Leadriel explain that thing as well.
I am 100% sure off-spec not cost any dkp to you guys dont worry, but since we changed that with Leadriel yesterday and addon might not changed that in scripts etc, yesterday happened what happened. But thats just thoughts wait till Leadriel will answer first.
Back to top Go down
Leadriel

Leadriel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:40 am

Yes guys it was at first offspecc items costs 50% of the original price...But then roshen wanted me to change that rule so we did you are not paying anything for the off specc items if none interested in that item as main specc.and i am terribly sorry bout that garuna had to fix some stuff with the prices on the addon.Your Dkp will be fixed to its normal amount.
Back to top Go down
Garuna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:54 am

Ok thanks Leadriel. And dont worry, it was a new system to us all Wink There are more items to come, no problem.
Back to top Go down
Leadriel

Leadriel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptySat May 16, 2009 4:18 am

Lithirrdys wrote:
so theres been some confusion today. do offspec items come for free? do they count as your "1 item per boss" and count towards your "2 items per raid"? what was this about whispering leadriel during a raid to get put on the list?

offspecc items wont be counted as you got a drop from the raid that only applies for main spec loots and didnt get ur whispers bout that topic mate maybe i missed it.
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:55 am

because i didnt whisper Razz its a question everyone should know the answer to imo, so i just posted straight off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP   Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Kill Points a.k.a DKP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Qui Vive :: News-
Jump to: