Qui Vive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Guild Qui Vive on Saurfang (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterDKPLog in

Class leaders...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
t0xedomask

t0xedomask

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:43 am

What do u think guys about it? As for me, think some classes in our guild need them. Exept hunters (we r OK) afro and mb druids...

Also, as none interested in setup improvement (imo) and we have absolutely freedom i want some volunteers who can respec to Shadow Priest(world top7-10) and Feral Dru(world top1).

If none, forget it Wink i'll lvlup SP myself =)
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:24 am

this world top 10 thing tox... back in BT times, everyone said "moonkins cant dps for shit" or "our guild moonkin does only 1200 dps in full t6". meanwhile in our guild, mirain was pushing 1500, was always in the top 5, if not top 3.

my point?

simple. just because the "world top" guild have X class pushing out Y dps doesnt mean if we have an X he/she/it will also push Y dps.

there are a few buffs id like to see in raids, like unleashed rage, abomination might and ferocious inspiration, but htey belong to specs that nerf the individuals dps to buff the raid. yea by having 1 of each class at each spec you get all the buffs, but then that would be 30 people, in a 25 man raid. there will be always some buffs missing, and you start saying for example, we'll take 1 of each type of hunter, you can bet that a BM, a MM and 2 survival will show up. now if your taking 1 of each,. teh bm and mm have garenteed spots. the survivals would then always have to roll each other out.

put simply.

if you stack a raid for buffs, you end up with an unfair system. this happened alot in my last guild, and was somethign i was very vocal about. i very much prefer hwo it is now, with signed people getting spots, and then fitting unsigned into any spaces left based on weather rosh/xarth needs to see them in action, or weather they fit the role required and know there stuff.

as for class leaders. ive talked to rosh about it before, iirc he said the aim is keep this guild as far away from a big confusing hierarchy of power as possible. class leaders are great to go to advice to i agree, was always chatting with my ol' dk CL, he was frost dps, me unholy tank, so we always had lots to tell each other. hwoever, ultimately, thats why we have class forums. i agree some of our classes need a little help atm, but most people have already decided themselves who is good in their class, and who to ask for advice. so between that and forums, i see no real need for a class leader.

just my views on your topic here while i wait for a patch to d/l Razz

lith
Back to top Go down
Saurfang

Saurfang

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:23 am

Lithirrdys wrote:
like unleashed rage, abomination might and ferocious inspiration,

I think testament has abomination's might, last time i checked, and garuna has unleashed rage i guess.
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:43 am

Yes my position about classleaders and getting guild more complicated, totally against, I do like some people could replace me and Xarthan if we unable at some evening/period if time, so more it would be working for those people (prolly see atm Lithyrdis, Carbo and Excoundrel) like gather people who came prepeared with tactic knowledge, having consumes (food, elixirs, flasks) and just running /roll system on loot to not make it much complicated.

2 Toxedomask
Missed some feral druid dps? Smile I do really like try dps sometimes with my druid on fights like patchwerk but my gear not fully sorted yet, could probably take 2-3 more weeks for full dps gear set. I am really aiming to push with current gear 4k dps in 25-men on Patchwerk. Till than just watch some hodir hards, enjoy Tox...

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=112441&stream=3&h=adc026a81be3fc088f4022e5aeba0b4c
Back to top Go down
t0xedomask

t0xedomask

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok, i agree, no CLs...just want to say if is CL is norm man, shouldn't be a problems...
And about dmg Lith...probably someone will lose e.g. 10% of dmg = 500 dps....but how many dmg raid will gain? Think 5k at least...

Rosh, gogo, think u'll be like that cat Wink
Back to top Go down
Saurfang

Saurfang

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:51 pm

t0xedomask wrote:
And about dmg Lith...probably someone will lose e.g. 10% of dmg = 500 dps....but how many dmg raid will gain? Think 5k at least...

Yes group buff always > personal dps
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:57 pm

We could work for that Tox, but what Lith said, that make our guild a bit more complicated and put some people in not very good situtation. From what we can actually start is people specces and glyphs, full possible enchants and blue gems. Also still about 30% of people not buff themselves in raids which is more than 10% lost of performance believe me.
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptySat May 30, 2009 3:46 am

by my sums, ferocious inspiriation would increase raid wide damage by 1500dps. my spec increases spell damage 10% or so raid wide, and test as you say can increase AP for the rest by 10%. nice buffs, but the problem is that every spec of every class brings some buff or another, will always be missing 1 or 2, then again on the other hand, we could plan it so that we always have the majority of the good ones.
Back to top Go down
t0xedomask

t0xedomask

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:58 am

We have more than 1 priest, so some1 can respec, we have tones of druids, so 1 can respec.
With SP i won't switch to aspect of the viper, +150-200 dps, 3 hunters - 600 dps...
Why do u need Bm and Mm?? We have retri pala and i forgot class who gives buff like trueshot aura. And btw i'm MM in 25men raids Wink
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 am

we get our priests and druids to sxwitc h, we'll find ourselves with no healers tox. plus, they not know what to do as these new specs.
Back to top Go down
t0xedomask

t0xedomask

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:50 am

Buff raid, that's all;)) i think if man rly wants to reach smth, he will. In my first naxx, it was 1.5 months ago, with another guild(got invite to kill some bosses with Shade) i had 1.2k dps, was last in recount;) and it's my first char btw. After that shame i started to read forums every day, i've learned all about my class, so i think now i'm a bit progressed, am I? I lvluped all damn professions, was doing damn dailies.
I was in 25men naxx 2 times before we started our own raids. Think it was enough. I always had, have and will have food. Is not that hard, just spend 20 mins per day. So, i think it's very simply to raiding, needn't to play years. Why some ppl can't i don't understand...
Btw our raid dps when we were with MoK was the same as our nowdays...and it was 1st naxx for all of us? How it possible? Any ideas?Wink)
Basicly need to do ur best...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class leaders... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class leaders...   Class leaders... Empty

Back to top Go down

Class leaders...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Qui Vive :: News-
Jump to: