Qui Vive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Guild Qui Vive on Saurfang (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterDKPLog in

What are we doing now?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clarima

clarima

What are we doing now? Empty
PostSubject: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:31 am

Hi all,

I have been wondering how to say this, but what are we doing as a guild now, yes we are raiding, but in between, we do nothing, trying to get a group together for some heroics is now pointless. We spent time getting our tanks equipped, but now none want to tank, they would rather play an alt, or go dps, so even on the occasions 4 of us have got together we are still a Tank short.

Now you may ask why run HC anyway, we i still need some rep on a couple of things which would be nice, and also i still need greens and blues to level my skills and to also buy recipes.

If we are just raiding now.. well i may have to reassess why i am playing WoW, Just to raid on a few evenings a week is not why i play, but if most in Qui Vive are that and of the opinion that we should level alts in between, those of us who want to do more with our level 80s are stuck between a rock and a hard place

Clarima
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 am

in any guild there are these issues of tanks not wanting to tank inbetween raids. there are some simple facts as to why this occurs, and some not so simple ones.

first off, have you tanked a raid? it isnt just sitting back facerolling the frostfire button, it requires your full attention, concentrating for that long (4-5 hours at a time) you then finish a raid and think "phew, glad thats over, time for a beer" or whatever. my point here is, it is stressful, you make 1 mistake while tanking, and everyone goes QQ'ing to rosh or xarth. This is probably why none of us are about to tank heroics, because like the rest of the guild, we want to be able to chill out, blow some shit up, lvl an alt, or even, shock horror, do something irl.

Another general reason, is RL stuff. from what i understand, xarth has a new job so isnt on daytimes.

now, heres some not so general reasons why:

lvling an alt, just like anyone else in the guild is entitled to.

Personally, i started lvling alts because i coudl never find a HEALER for heroics.

you cant force people to not have alts. you get 10 chars per realm for a reason. some of the newer people may well want to experiance the game from another point of view (dps, healer, etc)

The whole reason i started tanking back in my pally days was because of this same problem. If you want it solved, why not gicve tanking a try yourself? you may just end up liking it so much that you start tanking some 10 mans Razz

anyway, if its the reps you need, there are many daiklies for each faction scattered throughout northrend. why not do some of them?
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:14 am

Hey Clar, not sure if your post affect me, since i am not a guild tank and never tried to be, but yes i found that tanking role is most important in WoW, whatever you doing you cant do that without tank who at last know the knowledge of its own class, not speaking about experience and encounters knowledge so great reaction and nice pc. I might speak with you on vent once youll read this post ill be in lower channel till today evening after i log for our guild raids. As for me i dont have any serious plans for the realm on which my alt is, but i dont see me anything but raids/progressive raids on Saurfang. Realm is pretty poor but society (such as our guild, are very good bunch of people, whoever i really hate tanking so would like spent day time on smth else rather than just fill the spot with offspec for 4 people who missing tank). Yes we sadly become more raiding guild, at last from how we guild master or officer bring this, but not hardcore raiding guild as you see, no people online we not make problem from this or just trying to do the stuff.
I think you ment some other tanks in your post i even know who but...
I do really like play day time from work on the realm where i understand all through language, 30 min ago ive done OS 25. Now 2-men healing Ulduar in my current gear, not going very good but must admit problem is more dps and tanks reaction. I think from what i see now some bosses do really need x2 healers in ulduar but dps should be 4k+ from everyone.
Just to clarify about my absent :
Ive reached 80 3 days ago.
Ive done so far Naxx 10, Naxx 25, Os 10, Os 25, Voa 10, Ulduar 25 3/14, Ulduar 10 1/14. I am not proud about this i just receive fun by myself while pugging this on 2nd russian progression realm where people pug ulduar 25. I have 1800 bonus healing but in 3days my druid almost same equal gear as Roshen, i have lots of friends i finished top 2 on raid healing in Ulduar 25-men, i am top first in every other instance ive done so far with about 25-30% of total healing. I must admit russian pugs doesnt have Nuvali or Delhorno's so no competetion, but i found its amazing when druid with blues and x2 green trinkets out heal t 7.5 healers who complain on me joining raid since i even dont have yet even flying mount so asking in naxx 10-25 after every wipe summon or first time summon in Ulduar. Ive done a lot on Saurfang i builded what we have now, but i dont see me doing nothing there till evenings, since i really cant pug smth in day time and about guild 10-s if its not achievements run its not interesting for me. As for 25-men i am all yours with mic, headphones and raid leader energy and experience i can bring. Ill be on vent Clar if you like to speak about this and anyone else are also welcome.
Back to top Go down
Saurfang

Saurfang

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:59 am

What lith says is so true, i want to relax abit after tanking so many bosses. Leveling my alt is relaxing Smile

And btw, everyone with tanking offspec can tank heroics.
Back to top Go down
Lithirrdys

Lithirrdys

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:16 pm

ofc there will be no runs or anything happening in teh daytime if everyone takes that approach rosh and we all bugger off to other servers to do raids during the day. sigh. you wonder why its so bad here that we cant even get a 10 man ulduar going, let alone a 25? THAT is why. to many people doing to may things on other servers, instead of focusing on the one server/guild that is ment to mean something to them.
Back to top Go down
Roshen
Admin
Roshen

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:45 pm

I am doing cause it affect my game playing and i do receive fun cause i am not leading or telling people what to do. Yes pugs are awfull, guild runs better. I am not interested to run Ulduar 10-men by myself in gr1 but i could lead 2nd one when would be possible to do that since of later activity. Many people found its a bit harsh and selfish, idd found more harsh is just running in circles through Dalaran and waiting for people to come online for weekends plained 10-men achievement run and getting it screwed just from the start or even call on raid instead of still found best way to improve for everyone and make notes for future. I have done with Saurfang in daytime idd rather work or spend time on getting prepeared for September 2nd high education exams or just run through some alts on native language realm with people to whom i dont need to give nothing neither depends on. I barely have new whisper on guild recruit while spamming it entire day and if i had its or retarded ones or just from kids who want to get some more purple pixels. Ive reached already point to turn from social daytime guild master to responsoble evening game master and co-raid leader. Game on Saurfang starting again become in 3.5 year work and confrontation with UK people so i avoid it as much as possible, since i like Qui Vive members and have plans for guild future, however one exception will be made pretty soon since this Summer hurt badly.
Back to top Go down
clarima

clarima

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 am

Lithirrdys wrote:
it isnt just sitting back facerolling the frostfire button,

that was unnecessary, or are you trying to say something.

I made the post because i felt the guild forum was the place to do this. It wasn't meant to be personal post to anyone, and wasn't against people who are doing stuff in real life, or really even against the Alt levelling. What really made me post, was there were people who had tank gear in groups, but wouldn't change into tank role to help out, because they wanted to play dps, and in the end the group didn't happen at all.

I understand how important, and hard work the Tank role is. I have never questioned gearing the Tanks, letting the Tanks lead, chose route, or anything. but knowing how important the tank role is, and the fact we have new recruits who need Hc gear, badges etc, it would be nice if we had at least some of the DPS Warriors or Healer pallys or whoever can do it with some tank gear, so that HC groups can happen. If i could as a mage Tank i would try, but i don't think i can make it with the builds as they are, Maybe by the next few mods, when Blizzard have made all roles playable by all classes I will be able to do it.

joking aside, some people seem to have really taken offense at the post. and it wasn't the intention, I was lucky enough to be in Qui Vive when everyone needed HC and the gear, so we run a lot and regularly, problem is now we are recruiting people, who need those runs, but we are not able to help them at the moment, that was all really.

I would put a disclaimer, but to be honest this is where we should talk about stuff, not in the Gchat, or in the middle of a raid, but this is why i spent time building this forum.

Clarima
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are we doing now?   What are we doing now? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are we doing now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Qui Vive :: News-
Jump to: