Qui Vive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Guild Qui Vive on Saurfang (EU)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterDKPLog in

Mutilate peak dps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daralin

Daralin

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Mostly directed at Leadriel, if you find your way here, but if anyone knows Rogue..
I noticed it took me getting Mongoose on MH to beat your dps, but this was in heroics, and in Naxx25 the other day (when you had mongoose as well) you were up by 200+dps in some fights. Taking your gear against mine at wow-heroes, its not a stats or gear issue. Frankly- you wring that extra dps out of the same build, with very similar equipment, and Im curious what youre doing thats different. That cant be down to the t7.5 dagger alone, can it?

I was thinking about rotation, and having read as much as the net has to offer on mut spec, it seems that its entirely down to situational judgement. I can see the point of the build, and on most fights keeping all the rotations up while hitting expose armour where possible isnt that tall an order.
Aside from small points, like from 3.1 keeping DP on fast MH and IP on slower OH (which ive found ups dps and aids with rotation timings), is there anything small which might be crucial? Im fairly sure ive grasped the main ideas, but what i can do to improve dps isnt really obvious anymore. :/

thx
Dara
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/returntobass
Leadriel

Leadriel

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:42 am

the thing is with your current gear is way better than mine dara(its really nice to have that gear in short time span). and you should be pushing 3.5-4k dps.and seriously dont have any idea what are you doing wrong cuz i watched ur rotation and seemed fine for me...just can give you 1 tip..while reading mutilate speccs dont forget some of the posts are really old dont misslead ur self.(and plus some fights dps difference between me and you goes up to 1.5k thats the weird thing) oh and i wouldnt worry bout heroics to compare our dps i mostly slack on heroics Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Daralin

Daralin

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:45 am

Idd
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/returntobass
undeadrouge

undeadrouge

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:05 am

hey guys, when u get the chance. help med with my rotation. think my dps is very low because i do something wrong there.
Back to top Go down
Caelian

Caelian

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:12 am

Quote :
PvE Mutilate, fast and flawed advice
Generally, slow mainhand, fast offhand.
Use the highest DPS daggers possible, speed is of less importance.
Mainhand Instant Poison, Offhand Deadly Poison.

Rotation:
* Ensure that there is a bleed (ie. Rupture, Deep Wounds, Rend) on the target.
* Start up Hunger for Blood.
* Start up Slice and Dice however you please, really.

1. Mutilate to 4+ Combo Points
2. Make sure Hunger for Blood isn't going to drop soon. Refresh it if it will.
3. Is Rupture up? If yes, Envenom. Go to step 1.
4. Does Slice and Dice have >12 seconds left? If no, Envenom. Go to Step 1.
5. Rupture. Go to Step 1.

Rogue pocket guide

Take a look through that, the infomation is generally upto date and gives you a decent overview of how you should build stats as a rogue as well as basic rotation advise.
Back to top Go down
undeadrouge

undeadrouge

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Still doing not so well.   Mutilate peak dps EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 am

after that help. i see that im doing better, but still not good enough.

im not sure what im doing wrong. but i will do more hc and make myself better Very Happy

and maybe i will do it better on dps meter, if i not die all the time ^^
Back to top Go down
Orthar

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 am

undeadrouge wrote:
after that help. i see that im doing better, but still not good enough.

im not sure what im doing wrong. but i will do more hc and make myself better Very Happy

and maybe i will do it better on dps meter, if i not die all the time ^^

Just looked at your armory, some tips here:

Get a shoulder enchant (The hodir enchants are best!), so try to get some rep with those guys.
Get a belt buckle, and stick a nice gem in it. and try getting the mats for the epic leg patch, and use those once you get some better panties Wink

Furthermore, you gear looks fine, try using some rotations on the heroic training dummies, and see for yourself which one gives you the best dps.

And don't stand in fires!!1!!11 tongue
Back to top Go down
Caelian

Caelian

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 am

fires so very TBC, wrath is void zones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mutilate peak dps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mutilate peak dps   Mutilate peak dps Empty

Back to top Go down

Mutilate peak dps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Qui Vive :: News-
Jump to: